Rutgers University–Camden is uniquely positioned for growth in southern New Jersey and as vital part of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, thanks to the leadership structure and support of the institution.
Campus Operating Status:
Rutgers University–Camden is open and operating. The fall semester will combine a majority of remotely delivered instruction with limited in-person instruction. Some services are available for face-to-face delivery.
Leadership & Governance
- The president of Rutgers implements policies set forth by governing boards with the advice of senior administration, including Rutgers chancellors.
- The chancellor of Rutgers University–Camden leads efforts large and small to advance the campus; meet the needs of students and faculty; develop innovative and appropriate programs; and forge partnerships to improve the quality of life in the region and community.
- The Chancellor's Cabinet leads the growth of Rutgers–Camden, implements the strategic priorities, and provides oversight on all academic and administrative matters.
- The organization chart shows the reporting structure of top administrative units at Rutgers–Camden.
- Created by New Jersey state law in 1956, the Board of Governors is the chief governing body of the University.
- The Board of Trustees has certain fiduciary responsibilities and acts in an advisory role to the Board of Governors.
- The Camden Board of Directors ensures oversight of Rutgers–Camden initiatives and the implementation of strategic priorities.
- The Camden Faculty of Arts and Sciences Senate exemplifies academic excellence by advising on educational policies, such as determining curricula and degree requirements.
- The Rowan University/Rutgers–Camden Board of Governors encourages the development of curricula and programs at each university in the area of health sciences and partnerships between the institutions.