The Committee on Institutional Equity and Diversity (CIED) provides support to Rutgers University–Camden's commitment to achieving and advancing the principles of diversity and equity. In addition, the office serves as a focus of information about curricular and co-curricular programs and activities related to diversity and equity.
Committee on Institutional Equity and Diversity
Promoting a Diverse Faculty
The CIED actively identifies opportunities to enrich the intellectual climate at Rutgers University–Camden by attracting scholars with diverse perspectives, experiences, and research.
The CIED is charged with:
- Advocating with various campus constituencies to ensure active discussions about and focus on issues of diversity;
- Advising the Chancellor on ways to improve the level of faculty diversity on the campus;
- Engaging in research to determine how the level of diversity on our campus compares to other Rutgers campuses and to our peer institutions; and
- Acting as a resource for faculty search committees as they seek to create diverse applicant pools and hire candidates from a wide range of backgrounds.
CIED is itself a diverse collection of faculty members from across Rutgers–Camden.
- Dr. Courtenay Cavanaugh, Associate Professor of Psychology
- Dr. Marie Chevrier, Professor of Public Policy
- Dr. Keith Green, Associate Professor of English
- Prof. Joanne Gottesman, Clinical Professor of Law
- Dr. Stacy Hawkins, Professor of Law
- Dr. Oscar Holmes IV, Associate Professor of Management
- Dr. Carol Singley, Professor of English
- Dr. Nyeema Watson, Co-Chair 2020-22, Associate Chancellor for Civic Engagement
- Dr. Bill Whitlow, Professor of Psychology
- Dr. Wanda Williams, Co-Chair 2020-22, Clinical Assistant Professor of Nursing