Exciting discoveries await at a research university—and not just for professors. Students, too, join the quest for new knowledge, in laboratories and libraries, in nearby neighborhoods and far-flung outposts. There are many ways to get involved with research: Take a research-intensive course. Assist your professor with research. Launch your own independent research project. Whichever path you choose, research requires students to integrate higher-order skills such as problem solving, critical thinking, and persuasive writing. And what employer doesn’t value that skill set? Start your explorations with the resources below.
Arts and Sciences
Meet Student Researchers
From autism to eschatology, from computer security to economic policy, Rutgers student researchers are asking big questions—and reaching bold conclusions. Many of our student researchers present at conferences, earn grants and fellowships, and even publish in online and print journals. Find inspiration for your own research journey from their stories:
International travel is a major plus for launching a career in today’s global economy. Immerse yourself in global experiences—on your own terms—through these Rutgers–Camden options:
- Learning Abroad Program integrates brief study tours into selected undergraduate courses.
- International Business Studies Program puts classroom lessons into a global context through travel to other countries.
- Rutgers Study Abroad is your connection to traditional study abroad programs in dozens of countries.
Travel Grants. Already focused on including study travel in your college experience? Check this out: Students who enter Rutgers–Camden as first-time, first-year collegians are eligible for a travel grant toward an International Studies course.
Been there! Some of the spots on the Rutgers–Camden itinerary: • England • South Africa • Guatemala • India • France • Prague • Greece • Ireland • Hungary • China • Germany • Rome • Brazil • and more
Ready for a challenge? Expect it from our Honors College. Ambitious students will find a supportive community of peers and professors, plus a slate of special opportunities: honors seminars, independent study and research projects, extracurricular activities, faculty mentorship, reserved housing, and specialized advising, to name a few. Download a brochure.
Know it? Now do it! Turn classroom lessons into practical experience through experiential learning at Rutgers–Camden. Working in community and professional settings gives you an opportunity to make real contributions and valuable connections. Rounds out your résumé, too!
- Internships. Everything internship! Enjoy online access to internship postings on RaptorNet, plus internship fairs, visits from internship experts, an internship course, and more.
- Civic engagement. Connect with the community—while deepening knowledge and building valuable skill sets—through opportunities that incorporate service experiences.
- Career Center. Whether you visit online or on campus, this is your one-stop spot for career-building experiences and resources, serving students and alumni alike.
Off-Campus Degree Programs
Earn your bachelor’s degree close to home. Our degree-completion programs are offered at locations across the region, making a college education convenient for adult learners with work and family responsibilities. Explore your options at the following locations: