I am a current high school student. If I submit my high school transcript instead of a Self-Reported Academic Record, will you still consider my application?

No. We do not accept interim high school transcripts in lieu of the Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR), and Rutgers will not review transcripts submitted instead of a SRAR. You should obtain your transcript from your guidance counselor so that you can complete the SRAR with accurate information. Once students graduate from high school we require directly from the high school a final official transcript showing all courses and in grades 9 through 12, along with your graduation date.

Do you consider the writing portion of the SAT?

Yes. We consider the writing portion of the SAT in our decision-making process.

Is there a minimum SAT or ACT score requirement?

No. Standardized tests were designed to be used in conjunction with a student's high school record, so Rutgers does not pre-set a minimum SAT or ACT score for admission to any of our colleges or schools Rutgers looks at all of the required credentials a student submits and places greater emphasis on the student's academic performance as reflected on the Self-Reported Academic Record.

I plan to retake the SAT but my updated scores may not be available until after December 1. Should I submit my most recent scores by the due date and send my updated scores when available?

You should submit at least one set of scores by the Regular Action due date, to ensure consideration for all schools to which you applied. Your updated SAT scores will be considered if they are received before a decision has been made on your application. We cannot guarantee that decisions will not be made before we receive your new scores. Students who have a planned SAT date should indicate this on their applications.

Does Rutgers accept the International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma?

Yes. Rutgers recognizes the International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma. The Office of Undergraduate Admissions recommends advanced placement credit for Higher Level passes of five, six, and seven. Final decisions, however, rest with the college/school deans and/or department chairs who may require a syllabus before making such decisions.

Do I need to submit my Advanced Placement (AP) scores with my application?

No. Only enrolling students should arrange to have their AP scores sent to Rutgers.

Do you offer scholarships to students who apply after the regular action due date?

Students whose applications are not complete by the regular action due date are not generally considered for scholarships. If scholarship dollars are available, however, we may offer them to later applicants.

Should I submit my mid-year grades?

Mid-year grade reports are not needed for initial consideration unless requested by the admissions committee. However, students placed on the waiting list should definitely submit mid-year grades as soon as they are available.

I need help with course selection for my upcoming senior year. Is there someone that can help me with this?

We suggest you discuss your senior course schedule with your guidance counselor so that you can choose the schedule that is most appropriate for reaching your goals. The strength of an applicant's senior year program is one of the many factors we consider during our review process. Please note that your online Self-Reported Academic Record must show that you will graduate with at least 16 academic units. Click here for more information about our entrance requirements.

How can I defer my admission?

Deferrals of admission may be granted to first-year applicants admitted for the fall semester and to transfer applicants who will be pursuing U.S. military service. Students wishing to defer their offers of admission must make requests in writing by May 1.

Deferral is granted only for a full academic year, from one fall semester to the very next fall semester. A deferral is official only when you are notified that the Office of University Undergraduate Admissions has granted your request

The following are the conditions under which deferrals are usually granted:

You must be a fall, first-year admitted student or transfer applicant who will be pursuing U.S. military service.

Your enrollment fee of $150.00 must be included with your request for deferral. If your deferral is not granted your fee will be returned.

You must submit by July 12, 2014 a final official high school transcript certifying graduation and showing all courses and grades from grades 9 through 12. Deferrals are conditioned on successful completion of all senior courses with no decline in grades.

During the deferral year, you may not take any college courses. Enrollment in any college credit-bearing courses, even if you do not complete them, will nullify the deferral.

You must complete and submit a 2015 application for undergraduate admissions, follow all instructions, and adhere to all 2015 deadlines. No new application fee is required, if you meet all of the deferral requirements. You may resubmit your previous essay or compose a new one.

If your deferral is granted and you re-apply - adhering to the terms above - you will receive a 2015 admission packet by Feb. 28, 2015. You will need to accept the 2015 admission offer by May 1, 2015. The enrollment fee you paid in 2014 will be applied to 2015.

Please note: Scholarships, admission to honors programs, and Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) awards are specific to each academic year and may not be deferred. Students who have deferred admission are considered for any scholarships, honors programs and awards when they reapply.