Will there be any information sessions for program providers?
Yes, two information sessions will be held. The first will be on Friday, February 22 in Campus Center, Rooms South ABC, 11:20am – 12:30pm. The second on Wednesday, March 6 in Campus Center, Rooms, West ABC, 11:20am – 12:30pm. A light lunch will be served at both sessions. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What costs will be covered by Rutgers Day?
- Rutgers Day marketing, advertising, and media outreach
- A comprehensive Rutgers Day website and printed program guide.
- Guest services and information tents.
- Welcome and directional signage
- Public Safety: police, fire, EMS
- Grounds and facilities maintenance
- Up to three, six-foot tables, six folding chairs, one stake sign with program title and access to electrical outlets. Electricity is available on a limited basis in specific areas and may result in additional costs. Wireless internet is available in some areas of each campus. If you are bringing a laptop, plan to use battery power.
- Signage: program, directional, informational
- Up to eight Rutgers Day t-shirts
- Group tents.
How can I advertise my program?
- Download marketing materials to help spread the word and promote your program on websites, email signatures, and e-newsletters. Also, encourage your colleagues, friends, and family to "like" the Rutgers Day Facebook page to receive updates. #RutgersDay
Can administrative departments and academic units use the event to fundraise?
- No. Rutgers Day is meant to be a "friend-raising" event. Academic units should not fundraise on Rutgers Day, but rather use the opportunity to cultivate possible donors and alumni by increasing interest in and awareness of their programs. Only registered student organizations can fundraise on Rutgers Day. However, visitors should not have to pay to participate in any games or activities on Rutgers Day.
Can I keep my program open for a few hours?
- Programs must be open from 10am –2pm.
If I’m ordering materials, how many should I order?
- If you are planning to order give-away’s as part of your program, plan on ordering a minimum of 500 items.
- This day is about Rutgers. Materials from external organizations may not be distributed.