Rutgers–Camden is rightfully recognized for the extraordinary research and teaching achievements of its faculty, and for the dedication, focus, and entrepreneurial spirit of its students.
It is equally true that staff at Rutgers–Camden consistently set new standards for excellence at every level on a daily basis. Across the campus, staff members facilitate opportunities for faculty; help students to advance their goals; connect members of the community with Rutgers resources; maintain meaningful engagements with alumni and campus friends; and so much more.
In recognition of the exemplary work conducted by the staff at Rutgers–Camden, Chancellor Wendell Pritchett established the Chancellor’s Awards for Staff Excellence in Service.
The winners of the 2013 Chancellor’s Awards for Staff Excellence in Service are:
- Pam Clark (director, TRiO)
- Janice Denmark (administrative assistant, registrar)
- Janice Edwards (associate director, admissions)
- John Gibson (instructional technology specialist, Paul Robeson Library)
- Karen Kramer (nurse practitioner, student health)
- Pam Mertsock-Wolfe (assistant director for pro bono programs, CLAW)
- Team Award: IT Task Force (Rich Buonpastore, Tim DiVito, Jason Gambone, Craig Hynes, Will Lyou, Kimberlee Moran, Stevenson Pierre-Jacques, Tom Ryan, Curtis Saal, Joe Sanders, Jim Schmincke)
- Team Award: Rutgers University Police Department (Jonathan Biondi, Francisco Bonner, Richard Dinan, Guy Still)
This award was created specifically to spotlight and applaud the extraordinary efforts of individuals like these honorees, and so many others, who advance Rutgers–Camden as the campus where the world-class Rutgers experience is delivered in a personalized manner.