The Commencement Committee has worked diligently to provide the most convenient parking arrangements possible. We kindly ask that all those attending the ceremonies obey the instructions of the parking attendants and security officers.
All graduation ceremonies will be held at the BB&T Pavilion, One Harbour Boulevard, Camden NJ 08103.
Directions to the BB&T Pavilion
- From the New Jersey Turnpike. Get off at Exit 4 and proceed onto Route 73N. Go 1/2 mile to Rte. 295 South. See signs for Ben Franklin Bridge/I-676. Take I-676 to Exit 4 (Atlantic Avenue) or Exit 5A (Mickle Blvd./Martin Luther King Blvd.). Follow signs to the Camden Waterfront and the venue.
- Atlantic City Expressway. Take the exit for I-676 and follow directions westbound.
- Pennsylvania. From points south: Taking I-95 North to Philadelphia, follow signs for I-676 East and Ben Franklin Bridge/Camden. From points north: Taking I-95 South to Philadelphia, use Historic Area exit (Second and Callowhill Sts.). Follow Callowhill to Sixth Street and see signs for Ben Franklin Bridge/I-676.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 16
7 a.m. to 9 p.m. – Continuous round-trips to BB&T Pavilion. Board at two campus locations:
- In front of the Business and Science Building at Third and Penn Streets.
- Under Rutgers Law School’s Clark Commons Bridge at Fifth and Penn Streets.
Noon to 2 p.m. – Continuous round-trips to BB&T Pavilion to Nursing and Science Building:
- Front of BB&T Pavilion to front of Nursing and Science Building.
THURSDAY, MAY 17
7 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Continuous round-trips to BB&T Pavilion. Board under Rutgers Law School’s Clark Commons Bridge at Fifth and Penn Streets.
11 a.m. to 8 p.m. – Continuous round-trips to BB&T Pavilion. Board in front of the Business and Science Building (BSB) at Third and Penn Streets.
Parking Information for Commencement
During commencement, parking is free and is on a first-come basis on all Rutgers University–Camden lots with the exception of Lots C12, C8, and C7, which are reserved.
Camden County Parking Deck
During commencement parking is free to anyone participating in commencement. Located at 601 Cooper Street, the deck will be open from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m.
At BB&T Pavilion
For commencement, there are approximately 900 parking spaces that are free to people attending commencement ceremonies. There are several handicap-designated spaces in the BB&T Pavilion lot and an additional 100 spaces will be handicap-designated on May 17and 18. See more information on services for guests needing special accommodations.
Wednesday, May 16
School of Nursing – 10 a.m.
Guests and students should park in BB&T Pavilion lot. Plan on taking shuttle buses to the Nursing and Science Building (NSB) for the post-commencement School of Nursing Graduation Celebration. Shuttles will do round-trip routes between the BB&T Pavilion and NSB until 2 p.m.
Faculty and staff should park in campus lots or the Camden County Parking Deck and utilize shuttles to the BB&T Pavilion and to the NSB.
The Graduate School Ceremony – 2 p.m.
Guests and students should park in BB&T Pavilion lot.
Faculty and staff should park in campus lots or the Camden County Parking Deck and utilize shuttles.
College of Arts and Sciences and University College – 6 p.m.
Everyone is encouraged to utilize the NJ TRANSIT River Line. The BB&T Pavilion is directly across from the River Line’s Entertainment Center stop.
Guests arriving early will most likely be able to park in BB&T Pavilion lot. Guests arriving close to the ceremony start time should plan on parking in campus lots or the Camden County Parking Deck and utilize shuttles. See shuttle schedules and locations above.
Students, faculty, and staff should park in campus lots or the Camden County Parking Deck and utilize shuttles.
Thursday, May 17
Rutgers Law School – 9:30 a.m.
There should be ample parking in the BB&T Pavilion lot for guests, students, faculty, and staff. However, those who plan on attending the post-commencement reception in the law school should park in the Camden County Deck and utilize the shuttles.
School of Business – 2 p.m.
Guests, students, faculty, and staff should park in BB&T Pavilion lot.