Rutgers University–Camden is wholeheartedly devoted to assisting our brave veterans in attaining the educational credentials they need to excel in and out of uniform.
Across the nation, Rutgers University–Camden is consistently recognized for our value and our high-demand degree.
- U.S. News & World Report listed us as one of the Best Colleges among Regional Universities-North.
- Washington Monthly ranked us the #6 “Best Bang for the Buck” university in the Northeast, the #11 national master’s-level university, and #5 in the nation for social mobility opportunities.
- MilitaryTimes named the university the #2 “Best for Vets” school.
Committed to Our Military Veterans
As a Yellow Ribbon school, Rutgers offers enhanced programs and services specifically for our military veterans.
We’re prepared to support you at each step of the process in becoming a Rutgers University–Camden student. In fact, our commitment to your success and our academic quality have been recognized.
- Rutgers is ranked the #2 “Best for Vets” university by Military Times magazine for 2017. Rankings reflect student support of servicemembers and academic quality, among other categories.
- Rutgers–Camden has been named a 2017 Military Friendly® School by G.I. Jobs magazine for the seventh year in a row.
- We’re a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges. Membership is based on a range of services specific to the needs of servicemembers and their families.
Apply as a Veteran
After completing and submitting your Undergraduate Admissions Application, be sure to send your military transcripts to:
Office of Graduate and Undergraduate Admissions
406 Penn Street
Camden, NJ 08102-1400
College Credit for Military Service
Rutgers–Camden recognizes military-based training programs for academic credit through our B.A. in liberal studies program. We use the American Council on Education (ACE) college credit recommendations listed on your military transcript to determine college credit equivalencies at Rutgers–Camden.
The Office of New Student Programs will review your transcript and determine the number of credits accepted, and how these credits will be applied. See more information about credits for military service at Rutgers–Camden.
Applying for Educational Benefits
Rutgers offers several programs that help give financial support to veterans and military service members. You can apply for benefits through the Office of the Registrar in Armitage Hall once you’re admitted to the university and at the beginning of each semester or semester. See educational benefits available to veterans at Rutgers–Camden.
Degree Programs at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst
Rutgers–Camden and Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst (JB MDL) have established a partnership to bring servicemembers the opportunity to pursue their college education while close to home. At JB MDL, Rutgers offers bachelor’s degree completion programs for students with associate degrees or approximately two years college. Learn more about degrees available at Rutgers at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst.
Resources for Servicemembers and Veterans
Rutgers–Camden offers a wide range of services for servicemembers and veterans through our Office of Veterans Affairs. The office is dedicated to helping veterans successfully transition from military life and achieve their educational goals.