New Jersey families can now dramatically reduce their college cost by up to 100 percent at Rutgers University–Camden.
Bridging the Gap
Reduce Your College Costs and Graduate on Time
The first of its kind among New Jersey’s public four-year colleges and universities, Bridging the Gap strengthens access to a world-class Rutgers degree. Student loan debt is greatly reduced or avoided completely through this innovative program.
How it Works
The program closes the gap between federal and state sources of financial support and the balance of tuition and the general campus fee. Rutgers–Camden automatically applies the Bridging the Gap grant to these remaining costs after any other need-based federal and/or state grants have been applied.
- $60,000 or less family adjusted gross income (AGI): receive a grant covering 100 percent of tuition and the general campus fee.
- $60,001 to $80,000 family AGI: receive a grant covering 75 percent of remaining tuition and the general campus fee.
- $80,001 to $100,000 family AGI: receive a grant covering 50 percent of remaining tuition and the general campus fee.
Students may renew their Bridging the Gap grant annually provided that they successfully complete 30 credit hours in an academic year, remain in good academic standing, and complete the FAFSA every year.
How to Apply
Applying for Bridging the Gap is easy.
- Apply as a first-year applicant for fall 2017.
- Complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA by Rutgers’ priority deadline of Dec. 1.
There is no separate application for the program. Applicants who meet the criteria are automatically considered when they apply and are admitted for admission to Rutgers University–Camden.
Who Is Eligible?
The program is open to students who have never attended college and enroll as first-year undergraduate students on a full-time basis (at least 30 credits per academic year*) in degree programs on the Rutgers University–Camden campus. (*Please note that developmental courses that are successfully passed will be counted toward a student’s 30 earned credits per academic year requirement.)
Residents of the State of New Jersey who are also U.S. citizens (or legal permanent U.S. residents) are eligible.
This program is not transferrable to other Rutgers campuses or off-campus Rutgers programs.
For information about the Bridging the Gap program, contact the Admissions Office at 856-225-6104 or email@example.com.
The Bridging the Gap scholarship program for Rutgers at Camden County College allows students to complete a bachelor’s degree while lowering Rutgers–Camden tuition in full or by half. Students of the following programs are eligible:
- Camden County College graduates who enroll in on-campus programs at Rutgers University–Camden.
- Rutgers at Camden County College students who enroll in degree-completion programs on the Blackwood campus.