The following information provides a quick overview of the work emerging from the Rutgers University–Camden strategic planning process.
Strategic Plan Executive Summary
Rutgers University–Camden aspires to become, and be recognized as, a national leader among urban public research universities in research, teaching, and civic engagement both local and global in scope with a transformative impact on a diverse student body and on communities. We seek to grow while retaining our intimate and collaborative campus culture, which nurtures the aspirations of our students, faculty, staff, alumni, and fellow citizens.
Bringing the Rutgers experience to southern New Jersey and the Delaware Valley, Rutgers University–Camden prepares the next generations of leaders by delivering interdisciplinary and innovative research; rigorous academic programs and civically engaged experiential learning opportunities; and solution-oriented services that change communities.
As one of the nation’s highest-ranked public regional universities, Rutgers University–Camden offers a top-quality educational experience to a diverse population; its size allows undergraduate and graduate students to thrive in an intimate atmosphere of a liberal arts college at a preeminent public university. Rutgers University–Camden continues to build on its core strengths by creating distinct areas of research excellence, strengthening interdisciplinary graduate and professional programs, and improving student success through a wide range of supportive programming.
- PRESTIGE: We are an integral part of Rutgers’ 250-year tradition of world-class quality education at a research university which recruits and retains outstanding faculty and staff, creates cutting-edge research and engages in other work that serves the interests of the citizens of New Jersey and the Delaware Valley.
- ACCESS: We build upon our record of diversity and access for many first-generation college families seeking a Rutgers degree in southern New Jersey by fostering our supportive and personalized culture of collegiality and by working to generate the student-centered financial and academic support systems required for success.
- INNOVATION: We provide opportunities for creative approaches to research, teaching, curricular development, campus planning, and all other aspects of institutional life in a manner that supports our aspirations for excellence and growth.
- IMPACT: We seek to implement strategies leading to measurable successful outcomes for our students and significant engagements with our community and our region.
- A First-Rate Undergraduate Education Grounded in Research and Providing Experiential Learning
- High-Quality and Interdisciplinary Graduate and Professional Programs
- Advancing the Innovative Research University
- Increasing Enrollment to Support Strategic Goals
- Commitment to Playing a Leadership Role in Revitalizing Camden and the Greater Delaware Valley