The following information reflects updated information specific to Rutgers University–Camden:
- Swipe card access is required for all major Rutgers University–Camden buildings, including the Campus Center and the Paul Robeson Library. A valid Rutgers ID is required to enter these buildings.
- The following facilities are closed:
- Athletic and Fitness Center
- Campus Center (Live Chat service available Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Dining (all locations)
- Law Library
- Paul Robeson Library (online, video, and other services offered by Rutgers University Libraries)
- Student computing lab
- University District Bookstore (online sales are available)
- The following remain open and operating on modified schedules:
- Enhanced cleaning protocols are being implemented to sanitize workstations and common areas.
- Shuttle bus service remains suspended.
Rutgers remains open and operational. Many campus offices are functioning through remote operations. As a result, some services may be limited and email will be the best way to communicate with offices throughout Rutgers. Please visit departmental websites to secure email addresses. Utilize the Rutgers online search function to facilitate your efforts.
- Students who require technology assistance in order to engage in remote learning can review this resource guide.
- The Office of Disability Services remains open as a resource for students with disabilities requiring the services offered by that office. Contact Erin Leuthold for more information.
- The One-Stop Center and the Contact Center remain operational via email and will respond within two business days:
- Undergraduate students may contact their academic advisors via RaptorConnect.
- Students in graduate programs should contact their dean’s offices or program directors for additional information.
The following information reflects plans specific to the start of the fall 2020 semester at Rutgers University–Camden:
- The fall 2020 semester begins on Sept. 1 for all programs except law.
- Rutgers Law School will begin the fall semester on Aug. 24.
- The Athletic and Fitness Center will reopen with limited hours and services on Aug. 14. Swipe card access (Rutgers ID) will be required.
- The fall 2020 season for Rutgers–Camden NCAA Division III athletics will be determined by the NCAA and the New Jersey Athletic Conference following federal, state, and university guidelines.
All major campus facilities now are equipped with a swipe-lock system. A valid Rutgers ID card is required in order to enter these buildings: Armitage Hall, Athletic and Fitness Center, Business and Science Building, Campus Center, Fine Arts Building, Law School Buildings, Nursing and Science Building, Paul Robeson Library, Science Building, and 319 Cooper (Honors College).
When the fall semester begins, currently enrolled students will have swipe access to those buildings starting 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after the first and last scheduled classes, which normally would be 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday. Major academic buildings that hold Saturday classes will be accessible to students from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Students who need to access those buildings outside of those may do so with special permission from a department head and a dean.
The Division of Student Life will determine the operating hours for the Campus Center and the Athletic and Fitness Center and will work with the Rutgers University Libraries to determine the operating hours for the Robeson Library. The Law Library will be available to law students only for research and study. The Law School might offer different hours of access to the Law School Buildings as needed.
Faculty and staff will continue to have open access to their offices, laboratories, and studios in all major academic buildings. Other Rutgers–Camden buildings remain available by key and/or swipe lock. Access to these buildings is limited to the occupants and their designees.
At all times, Rutgers–Camden students, faculty, and staff will need to keep their current Rutgers ID cards on them. If your Rutgers ID is lost, please contact the Rutgers University Police Department. Information about obtaining a new Rutgers ID card is available here.
As indicated by President Holloway, there will be no access to Rutgers–Camden facilities for the non-Rutgers community through the end of 2020 unless the visitor is on official business. Departments that envision hosting a visitor on official business must provide that visitor with a telephone number so that the guest may call the department upon arrival on campus. “Official visitors” will be required to register in a logbook maintained by the department.
- Limited hours and services on Aug. 14. Swipe card access (Rutgers ID) will be required.
- Virtual Summer Institute begins on July 6.
On-campus housing will be offered at a reduced capacity in order to ensure social distancing and other health safety measures.
- Housing assignments and contracts will be distributed beginning July 10.
- Move-in plans will be announced on or around Aug. 10.
- Curbside pick-ups of printed library materials will begin on Aug. 3. The service will be offered Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Online, video, and other types of services are available.