Rutgers–Camden closes only in the event of severe weather or other significant circumstances. Notification of closure is prominently posted on our homepage in the event of inclement conditions.
To find out if the campus is closed:
- Visit the Rutgers–Camden website. An alert message across the top of the screen will advise you of our operating status.
- Check your Rutgers email. Rutgers will communicate closures, delayed openings, and other changes to the normal schedule via email.
- Monitor social media. Rutgers–Camden will post important information via our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Resident students should monitor the resident email listserve for postings concerning dining hours and, as applicable, snow removal of the residents’ parking lots.
Please do not call the Rutgers University Police Department about weather-related cancellations.
SIGN UP FOR EMERGENCY ALERTS
Rutgers–Camden has an emergency text message notification system. You can register your cell phone number to receive alerts in the event of a major campus emergency.
individual Class Cancellations
If Rutgers is open and you wish to find out if your specific class is cancelled due to inclement weather, contact that department’s main number.
Law school students should call 856-225-6375 and select menu option 4 for class cancellations or menu option 5 for emergency closing information.
Be sure to check public transportation services to see if your route is affected by inclement weather.
- NJTRANSIT travel advisories for regional rail, light rail (including RiverLINE), and bus.
- PATCO travel alerts.
- SEPTA regional rail winter storm service plan.
- SEPTA system status for regional rail, subway, trolley lines, and bus.