Rutgers–Camden is rightfully recognized for the extraordinary research and teaching achievements of its faculty, and for the dedication, focus, and entrepreneurial spirit of its students.
It is equally true that staff at Rutgers–Camden consistently set new standards for excellence at every level on a daily basis. Across the campus, staff members facilitate opportunities for faculty; help students to advance their goals; connect members of the community with Rutgers resources; maintain meaningful engagements with alumni and campus friends; and so much more.
In recognition of the exemplary work conducted by the staff at Rutgers–Camden, Chancellor Wendell Pritchett established the Chancellor’s Awards for Staff Excellence in Service.
The winners of the 2014 Chancellor’s Awards for Staff Excellence in Service are:
- Edward Giberson (custodial group leader, facilities)
- Cheryl Hallman (career counseling officer, Career Center)
- Patricia Prior (physician, Student Health Services)
- Ernest Robinson (custodian, facilities)
- Carol Shaner (program coordinator II, CLAW)
- Mary Sturdivant (senior administrative assistant, OIT)
- Team Award: Emergency Response by Police/Facilities (Kevin Connolly, Allison Dube-Smith, Edgar "Scott" McQuade)
- Team Award: "Tunnel of Oppression" Event Team (Deborah Scheibler, Erica Schwartz, Patrick Wallace)
This award was created specifically to spotlight and applaud the extraordinary efforts of individuals like these honorees, and so many others, who advance Rutgers–Camden as the campus where the world-class Rutgers experience is delivered in a personalized manner.