The best ideas arise from collaboration, and Rutgers-Camden is an incubator for new knowledge. Our centers and institutes support the collaborative work of faculty, students, and visiting scholars as they generate new knowledge that inspires and redefines their fields. These centers also provide exceptional responses to the challenges facing citizens in New Jersey and around the globe.
Rutgers–Camden delivers opportunities for learning and personal enrichment by providing performances, exhibitions, educational programs, and community projects that inspire an appreciation of the arts.
- The Rutgers–Camden Center for the Arts produces and presents year-round programs in visual arts, performing arts, and arts education to advance the role of the arts in pre-K through 12th-grade education.
Economic growth and scholarship in business-related disciplines advance thanks to the innovative work and services at these Rutgers–Camden centers.
- The Rutgers Institute for Management and Executive Development has worked with clients in nearly every industry to provide advanced learning opportunities that strengthen the leadership capacity of both individuals and their organizations.
- The Rutgers Small Business Development Center is part of a statewide network that provides comprehensive small business counseling and educational opportunities to small business owners and potential owners throughout New Jersey.
The Humanities and Social Sciences
Rutgers–Camden takes the lead in numerous initiatives focused research and service in childhood studies and public history, developing new models for advanced work in both fields.
- The Mid-Atlantic Regional Center for the Humanities (MARCH) supports humanities research, programming, training, and communication throughout New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware, Maryland, and the District of Colombia.
- The Institute for Effective Education advances research on the strategies and programs that promote best practices in education.
Public Policy and Law
Critical matters of policy and law impacting lives in New Jersey and around the world are addressed by Rutgers–Camden through these academic centers.
- The Center for State Constitutional Studies is an interdisciplinary institute dedicated to promoting public understanding of American state constitutions and of sub-national constitutions in other federal systems
- The Center for Urban Research and Education promotes national research on urban issues while training the next generation of urban scholars.
- The Community Leadership Center, a grant-funded service and research center, helps revitalize urban communities through education, leadership, and community development.
- The Rutgers Institute for Information Policy and Law studies the legal, economic, and cultural implications of information production, distribution, consumption, and regulation.
- The Institute for Law and Philosophy works to advance knowledge and understanding of philosophically significant legal topics, both in normative legal theory and in analytical jurisprudence.
- The Senator Walter Rand Institute for Public Affairs engages public, government, non-profit, and community stakeholders in addressing regional challenges.
- The Center for Government Compliance and Ethics seeks to advance the application of effective ethics and compliance program principles as an element of public governance at the federal, state, and local levels in the United States and worldwide through a variety of activities including research, education, networking, and thought leadership.
The next generation of innovation in the biosciences and other disciplines is being created at Rutgers–Camden by a talented team of faculty specializing in biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, and computer science.
- The Center for Computational and Integrative Biology emphasizes the development of mathematical models for biological systems and the application of the models to data from laboratory and field investigations.