Tuition & Fees

Ready to crunch some numbers? When you add it all up, Rutgers University–Camden is clearly a wise investment. Our tuition and fees, along with housing and dining costs, are listed below. 

Bridging the Gap Grant

This bold new program reduces costs by covering up to 100% of remaining tuition for eligible first-year students earning a bachelor’s degree at Rutgers University–Camden. Learn about Bridging the Gap.

The Cost of a Rutgers–Camden Education

Consider the value of Rutgers University–Camden: An education that competes with the best in the nation, at one-half to one-third the cost of many private schools.

Undergraduate costs

Graduate costs

The cost for attending graduate school at RutgersCamden varies by program.

Housing and Dining

  • Housing Costs: Calculate the convenience of living in an on-campus suite or apartment.   
  • Dining Costs: Weigh your meal plan options in our dining hall.

New Jersey Tuition Eligibility

In-state tuition is determined according to a student’s New Jersey residency status or eligibility for the New Jersey Dream Act. 

In-State Residency Status

A student petitioning for in-state residency status must provide proof of intent to establish residency in New Jersey by completing the Residency Analysis Form. This form must be completely filled out, signed, notarized, and submitted with required supporting documents to the appropriate office for proper consideration. 

New Students

Students petitioning while in their first semester or prior to the first semester at Rutgers must submit this form with supporting documents to the Office of Graduate and Undergraduate Admissions at Rutgers–Camden.

Current Students

Students requesting a change of residency status after their first semester must submit this form with supporting documents to the Office of the Registrar

International Students (F-1 or J-1 Visa Status)

Please be aware that any changes to your New Jersey residency status for tuition purposes that are made by the Office of the Registrar do not alter your F-1/J-1 immigration status. You will continue to be reported to SEVIS as an F-1/J-1 student unless you submit appropriate documentation to demonstrate a change of your immigration status.

New Jersey Dream Act

Undocumented students petitioning for nonresident tuition exemption under the New Jersey Dream Act must have attended at least three years of high school in a New Jersey high school AND have graduated from a New Jersey high school. 

Download the following application and affidavit pursuant to S2479 (the New Jersey Dream Act), then complete and submit the form with an official New Jersey high school transcript in order to be considered for nonresident tuition exemption.